What is Principal Certification?
Our state-approved educator preparation program provides a comprehensive, high-quality, learner-centered leadership preparation for aspiring administrators to become effective school leaders. The academy curriculum is fully aligned with the Texas standards, domains and competencies for principal certification, and focuses on the essential skill sets necessary to successfully lead high-performing schools.
Our mission is to provide aspiring educational leaders a route to certification and advancement through the use of rigorous standards for selection, preparation, and coaching.
2021-2022 Principal Program Admissions Timeline
- Early Bird Special* Application: May 1 – June 30, 2021 (*$100 application fee is waived)
- Regular Application Opens: July 1, 2021
- Regular Deadline to Apply: August 31, 2021
- Saturday Seminars Start: September 25, 2021
We are excited to begin accepting applications to the HCDE Principal Certification Program for this upcoming 2021-2022 school year. This year the admission process is automated which will allow you to submit the application through an online system. Below are the directions on how to start the admissions process - please read them carefully.
How to Apply
Before you click on the APPLY HERE link below, please make sure you have access to the following items/information:
- Scanned copy of your Teaching certificate (you will need to upload). You may access it on TEA website
- Scanned copy of your Driver’s License, both sides (you will need to upload)
- Electronic copy of Resume (you will need to upload)
- Electronic copy of Two-Page Narrative of Your Professional Goals (you will need to upload)
- TEA ID Number
- Three Professional References - Name, Title, Email, Phone #
- Optional: Electronic/scanned copy of your Unofficial Transcripts granting your bachelor’s and master’s or higher degrees, if you have them (you will need to upload). This will give us a chance to begin reviewing your GPA while we are awaiting your Official Transcripts.
NOTE: You are still required to submit your Official Transcripts. For the details how, please see the directions in the online application system.
- Optional: Electronic/Scanned copy of your TOEFL scores, if applicable (you will need to upload)
- Optional: Scanned copy of your Service Record(s), if you have them available now (you will need to upload). Otherwise, you will need to email them to LEADNOW@HCDE-TEXAS.ORG prior to your formal admission.
To access our online automated application process, please click APPLY HERE.